An End to the Summer

I have just a few more days in Washington, D.C. This Saturday, I’m heading home to Oregon to enjoy some time with my family after 11 full weeks of excitement here in the capitol. I am wrapping things up at WETA, packing up my dorm, and getting ready for the next stage of my life. It sure has been fun!

I have learned so much during my time in D.C. both relating to my internship and career goals but also just about myself as a person! Just living on my own, navigating public transportation, and finding my own way in a big city has taught me so much. I don’t know if I will ever return to D.C. or voluntarily live in a large city again, but the experience was one I wouldn’t trade for anything. (I have a feeling I will settle down in the country or suburbs though) My internship was a lot of fun, very rewarding, and an experience I know will benefit me in the long run. I’m very thankful for the opportunities and experiences I had this summer.

Today I published my final blog post! It’s a look back at Washington in 1850, as seen and described by a man named Byron Sunderland. I have written a few others that will be published later in the year, but this one is my last while I am here in D.C.

Thanks for reading! Cheers.